Whether you’re staying in, celebrating with the girls, or having a big night out, we have the perfect Valentine’s Day makeup looks for you! We’ve put together three gorgeous looks with the tips, tricks, and EcoTools products you’ll need to complete them. Check them out below.
Romantic Night In
If you’re staying in on Valentine’s Day, you’ll want to look naturally polished. It’s all about a flawless look with perfect skin, a fresh glow and lots of lashes: an extra irresistible version of yourself.
- Start by prepping your skin with a primer. Use your precision foundation brush (from our new fresh & flawless set) to sweep on a light to medium coverage foundation. Apply concealer, if needed, with the flat concealer brush and blend with the buffing brush. Set your foundation with a loose powder using the full powder brush (also from your fresh & flawless set) for an airbrushed finish.
- Next, create gorgeously high cheekbones with some strategic highlighting and contouring by dipping the edge of your deluxe fan brush into a matte bronzer or shadow that is about two shades darker than your natural skin tone. Apply it just under your natural cheekbone to add definition and lift. Now use the flat side of the brush to lightly apply a highlighting/illuminating powder to the tops of cheekbones.
- To create a natural-looking flush, apply a light pink blush to the apples of your cheeks. Pro tip: smiling when you apply helps get the pigment in just the right spot.
- Define brows with a shadow or pencil that closely matches your hair color.
- Apply a bone colored shadow on the lid and just under your brow bone. Use a darker brown shadow to define your crease and add depth to your outer corners as well as line under the eyes. Add a taupe shadow just above the crease to blend the dark brown and bone seamlessly.
- Define your eyes by lining the upper lash line and outer 1/3 of lower lash line with a soft black pencil. Blend the liner out with a small brush for a soft and diffused look. Your smudge eyeliner brush is perfect for this.
- For super flirty fringe, finish off your eyes with two to three coats of a lengthening mascara, concentrating on the outer half of your lashes.
- Finish the look with a dab of ultra-kissable coral lipstick. Use your detailed lip brush for extra staying power.
- Add a dab of clear gloss just in the middle for the illusion of added volume.
New EcoTools Needed:
Big Night Out
Whether you are headed to a black tie affair, a big date, or hitting a hot party, a night out demands your most stunning self. Play up your eyes with this eye-opening look that is sure to deliver a come-hither appeal wherever the night takes you.
- Start by prepping your skin with a primer. Use your foam applicator to apply a full coverage foundation over your entire face. Use the flat edge for larger surfaces (like forehead and cheeks) and the pointed edge for precision application around the eyes and nose.
- Break out your EcoTools Six Piece Day-To-Night Set. It has everything you need to complete the rest of this transformation. Start with the concealer brush to hide any dark spots or blemishes, then use the round powder brush to apply bronzer on the high points of the face (forehead, cheekbones, chin).
- Define brows with a pencil that closely matches your hair color for a natural look.
- Create a blank canvas using eye primer to prevent creasing and make color last from dusk ‘til dawn.
- Apply black liner along your entire top lash line and outer half of the lower lash line, making the line thicker toward the outer edges to open up eyes and make them look bigger. Use a small brush to smudge liner into the lid, blending upwards on the top lid and blending inward on your lower lash line. Line inside the upper and lower water line to really make eyes smolder.
- Apply a shimmery burgundy cream shadow to your entire lid with your stay-there shadow brush (from our Day-to-Night set). Follow that with your smudge brush, from the same set, to define your crease with a taupe shadow, and finish with a shimmery bone colored shadow to highlight the inner corners of eye and just under the brow bone.
- Apply two to three layers of volumizing mascara for a super sultry effect
- Grab your detailed lip/liner brush from our Day-to-Night Set to apply a nude lip color, letting your eyes take center stage.
- Use a highlighting pencil to outline just under the middle of your lower lip and curvature of your upper lip to create a plumper-looking pout.
New EcoTools Needed:
Girls Night Out is the perfect time to play with color and trends. Have some fun with this look and incorporate emerald, 2013′s color of the year, with an updated twist on the cat eye.
- Apply a primer with light reflecting beads to add a luminous glow to skin followed by a full coverage foundation with your foam applicator. Set with powder.
- Using your deluxe fan brush for expert, light application, apply a matte bronzer to areas you want to minimize (like the forehead and chin) and on lower cheekbones. Apply bronzer on tops of cheekbones.
- Bring bronzer down onto your neck and décolletage with your new face & body sculpting brush. The lush bristles and large surface area are perfect for ensuring even coverage on your neck and chest, plus it works wonders for enhancing collarbones!
- Finish your face by using a blush with some shimmer as a dual blush/highlighter.
- Apply gold eye shadow over your entire eye lid (this look also works with a bare lid if you prefer).
- Line eyes with a black gel liner and extend into wings, slightly past the outer corners.
- Use an emerald green pencil to line entire lower lash line and waterline for a saturated burst of color. If your liner flakes at all, use your clean deluxe fan brush to sweep flakes away.
- Finish the look with a wash of berry lipstick to make the green eye accent pop. Apply using your detailed lip brush to make sure the color doesn’t bleed. Don’t forget to throw the brush in your purse for touch-ups later on!
New Tools Needed:
Voila! Perfect Valentine’s Day makeup! Which look is your favorite?